Tuesday, 5 January 2010

it's SNOWING!

... and all I want to do is go out and make snowmen with someone warm and friendly, maybe a nice boy who can stylishly carry off a woolly hat with earflaps, but I can't think of anyone who could get to my little village without using a car, train or bus - all of which are now out of the question.

The last time it really properly snowed, last March, I took the day off work and had a pint and pub lunch with two boys from my place of work at the time (one of which, Fit N, I had a thumping crush on), who also lived in my village. Then we went to the park, with a dog in tow, made snow angels, smoked vanilla cigarettes and constructed a wobbly sort of snow castle. It was like a good dream. Unfortunately, Fit N now has a girlfriend and lives in a different town, so no chance of any more snowy shenanigans with him. Sigh.

Anyway, I texted Lovely G today, after having an enlightening conversation with L, one of my best friends (currently living in the West Country, so we rely on nightly phone calls to catch up on our various dramatic goings on). She sagely advised me to be really really keen, a tactic which has landed her with her first nice, reliable and rather gorgeous boyfriend, after a lifetime of being aloof and ending up with losers. I have taken this on board and am hoping to land on the right side of keen vs desperation (I am keen, yes, but definitely NOT desperate ... yet). Fingers still crossed.

dsl

x

No comments:

Post a Comment